When it comes to achieving our goals in life and becoming successful, many key factors play a role. Among them, inspiration and motivation are quite important when it comes to making us more productive towards success. Keep on reading to find out more!
What is the inspiration within us to achieve goals?
Everyone has their own goals in life regardless of how small or big and whether short or long term. Nevertheless, some of us struggle to find ways on how to achieve those goals because of many factors that come into play.
Among all of the different factors that help us achieve our goals, inspiration plays a chief role. Being inspired allows you to go beyond your usual mental and creative states and achieve more.
Inspiration is akin to being in a stimulated state wherein someone can perform tasks more efficiently than otherwise. Being inspired means that you are more likely to strive and progress towards success.
The inspiration can come from someone you look up to, a book, a film, a song, a photo, a pet, a plant, a piece of art, a dream. The list is long and having awareness of those inspirational moments is key. It is all down to the meaning we attribute to those triggers and the positive thoughts and feelings activated.
How do we inspire ourselves?
Positivity is a great starting point to lay the foundation in your thought process. This is a skill that can be practiced and learned. Breeding positivity and channeling into the right direction will allow steering into the desired outcome.
If something bad happens to you for one minute of the day it doesn’t mean the whole day is ruined. You can breed positivity by thinking that you still have the entire day to look forward to. After all, you still have 23 hours and 59 minutes to try to turn things around. If you think that way, inspiration is easy.
It is a great quality to be able to put things into perspective, especially if it is something you cannot control. Accept what is in that moment and use what you can control to make it a good day! Life is what YOU make it!
To find inspiration within yourself, you have to train yourself to be relentless and self-aware. It could be the blue sky, the birds chirping outside, or your family. Generally, being grounded and in touch with nature can be a great source of inspiration. Be positive enough to be inspired by anything.
How to motivate yourself to achieve your goals?
Motivation walks hand in hand with inspiration when it comes to achieving your goals.
Here are some neat ideas that could help you motivate yourself:
Always ask your “why” because you will always find a reason to stay motivated if you know the reason behind what you are doing. This way you are less likely to give up.
- Just start. Pace yourself and do your work slowly but steadily. As soon as you have gotten your bearings, you won’t be able to stop.
2. Try moving around to get your creative juices working and to find something that could inspire you while your brain is working. How about playing that song that energizes you?
3. Partner up with someone else. When you have a partner who is also working hard, you will be pushed to work hard too. You also gain an accountability “buddy”.
4. Develop the habit of reading. The more you read, the more motivated you become because you come across different ideas that can help improve your motivation.
5. Find a symbol that represents your motivation and reminds you to keep going. It could be an object, a simple logo, or something you imagine in your mind.
6. Build on every success you have each day. When you were able to achieve something yesterday, build on it today.
7. Be passionate about what you are doing. The more you love your job, the less likely it will feel like a job.
8. Do it step by step and do not rush yourself into doing the entire process all at once. Bitesize makes it easier to take baby steps towards your ultimate goal.
9. Rest. It’s as simple as that. When you feel tired and unmotivated, give yourself time to rest and reset.
How to encourage someone with words
If you happen to be trying to encourage someone with your words, instead of yourself, here are some good ideas you can use:
- Be simple with your words. Don’t complicate what you are saying because that will only make things more difficult for the person to understand. Instead, using simple phrases of encouragement would be enough.
- Try to reassure someone that he is capable of doing what he is struggling to do.
- Don’t use yourself as an example or try to compare what you are doing to his situation. That will only make the person feel bad about himself.
- Use proverbs that have always been used since time immemorial. I’m sure you know a few of them like “practice makes perfect”.
- Tell a story that is similar to the one that he is experiencing. Make sure that the story has a happy ending that could encourage the person to do better.
How do you inspire and motivate others to achieve success?
When motivating other people, here are some of the things you can do or say:
- Allow them to be involved. When it is a work-related task, allowing someone to feel involved will make him more inspired to do the work.
- Trust the person enough because, when a person knows that someone trusts him, he will feel more confident in what he can do.
- Be an inspiration to that person. Do anything that will inspire others to follow your lead so that they could also become more motivated for success.
- External rewards have always been motivational. It never hurts to use rewards but don’t rely too much on them.
- Challenge the person to do better. When you challenge someone who equipped with the right tools to suceed, he will do better and accomplish your challenge.
Where do you get your inspiration towards pursuing your life goals?
When you are struggling to find your inspiration and you are wondering where you can get it, the best place for you to find inspiration is within yourself and your surroundings.
Look within and around yourself and see that there are plenty of things to be inspired about. Some of my sources of inspiration are my family, the trees outside my window in the garden, and feeling the heat of the sun in my skin.
Inspiration isn’t something that you can find in only one thing. There are different sources that evolve with time. You just need to bring those inspirational triggers to give you a boost in mood, energy, and positivity. As you breed a positive outlook towards life, inspiration won’t be too hard to come by.